Collateral-secured products are certificates with additional security backing for protection against issuer-default risk. The following is a list of all currently available collateral-secured certificates. The products are designated with the «COSI» extension to indicate that they are collateral-secured instruments.
Please click on the desired product to access the relevant product specification page.
*Method A: Fair Value Method
The fair value method is essentially based on estimated prices (i.e. «fair values») as calculated by third parties. Those prices - if available - are then used to determine the current value of the collateral secured certificates.
**Method B: Bond Floor Method
The bond floor method is based on a calculation of the bond floor in accordance with the specifications of the Swiss Federal Tax Administration (Bern/Switzerland).
At present, the current values of collateral secured certificates are determined by the following firms:
- Derivative Partners Ltd, Zurich/Switzerland (www.derivativepartners.com)
- Solvians Switzerland Ltd, Baar/Switzerland (www.solvians.com)
- vwd group Switzerland Ltd, Zurich/Switzerland (www.vwd.com)
- swissQuant Group Ltd, Zurich/Switzerland (www.swissquant.com)
- SIX Financial Information Ltd, Zurich/Switzerland (www.six-financial-information.com), which calculates the bond floor on a daily basis at the behest of the Swiss Federal Tax Administration.
For further information on individual products, please consult the given issuer's website.